October 24, 2006Well the short and dirty of it all is this. I think my engine is shot so I am looking at a replacement. Now so that you all can give so well founded input I will do a brief list of what I am looking to get out of my new engine.
1. Durability to offroad and daily driving. (I mean like 500000 miles)
2. Fuel efficency (I know that is asking alot from a Jeep, but my truck gets 8mpg, I need to hit about 20mpg city)
3. Tourque (It's gotta be able to handle what I through at it, nothin crazy though.)
4. Easy to work on (Parts need to be easy to come by)
5. I would like something that would allow me to reuse as much as possible on my Jeep (Although if I have to I will replace it all, over a LONG time period)
OK With that said, just in case you don't know or remember, I have a 1997 Wrangler stock suspension with the 4 banger in it. The only major upgrade I did was the Banks Monster Exhaust and Header. I am sure I can sell the header for a decent amount since it has less than 500 miles on it. Everything else We will see.
Alright then I know it's kinda long but I wanted to make sure I had my bases covered on this.
James (Matt) Holland